Battle Spirits Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle Spirits Forum

2 posters

Why do you play Battle Spirits?

Dark-Shadow-X
    Dark-Shadow-X
    Admin

Why do you play Battle Spirits? Empty Why do you play Battle Spirits?

Post  Dark-Shadow-X Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:52 am

The reason why I played Battle Spirits, is because unlike other games this was a game which I thought had more balance and more skill unlike MTG's skill base view. If you don't know, Yu-gi-oh is turning to a game where broken cards turn the battlefield into mayhem. Battle Spirits was one of those games which I found more fun and more complicated. Battle Spirits also had that brave mechanic which interested me into playing.
    The anime is also awesome in terms of fantasy and it's plot. I've currently finished Battle Spirits Brave and I have to say that it's made me like this game even more because of the fact that there can be more combinations with the cards being played.
    Lastly, Battle spirits has no Main Phase 2 like ygo and mtg but has flash step which is quite cool considering that you don't need to worry about now having a second main phase.
    soaker
    soaker

Why do you play Battle Spirits? Empty Re: Why do you play Battle Spirits?

Post  soaker Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:30 am

Kinda pathetic maybe, but I found it through the Shounen Toppa Bashin anime that I was obsessed with, and wanted to play the game myself. I'm a sucker for 30-minute toy commercials and I'm far from the target audience.

I used to play Pokemon and Yugioh, so I had experience with card games. Pokemon was a lot of fun, but I just got bored of the franchise in general. I think Yugioh had a lot of ridiculous rules, and it really wasn't fun because there were so many cards that were just useless, due to low attack/defense or way too many sacrifices (and a lot of them were cards that I wanted to use because I liked the artwork.)

Battle Spirits is much more fun than either of those games though. There are so many different strategies, and most any card could be useful under the right circumstances. I'm always finding new combo ideas when I look through cards.
    Dark-Shadow-X
    Dark-Shadow-X
    Admin

Post  Dark-Shadow-X Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:34 am

When you look at other card games which are producing better artwork and better card designs you start to think that Yu-gi-oh didn't have that great art. The old art-work to me seems dull borings the new ones look good but some have horrible effect.
    soaker
    soaker

Post  soaker Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:46 am

Dark-Shadow-X wrote:When you look at other card games which are producing better artwork and better card designs you start to think that Yu-gi-oh didn't have that great art. The old art-work to me seems dull borings the new ones look good but some have horrible effect.

I suppose the artwork isn't that great compared to other games. But it was nice enough to me when I was playing the game. I just remember losing a lot because I built this thick 70+ card deck of all these really cute-looking cards. I knew it was a horrible strategy then, but I did it anyway.
    Dark-Shadow-X
    Dark-Shadow-X
    Admin

Post  Dark-Shadow-X Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:57 am

soaker wrote:
    Dark-Shadow-X wrote:When you look at other card games which are producing better artwork and better card designs you start to think that Yu-gi-oh didn't have that great art. The old art-work to me seems dull borings the new ones look good but some have horrible effect.

I suppose the artwork isn't that great compared to other games. But it was nice enough to me when I was playing the game. I just remember losing a lot because I built this thick 70+ card deck of all these really cute-looking cards. I knew it was a horrible strategy then, but I did it anyway.

Well that's the curiosity of Yu-gi-oh. And 70- card deck affraid
    I bet you had Kuriboh in the deck?
    soaker
    soaker

Post  soaker Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:57 am

Dark-Shadow-X wrote:

Well that's the curiosity of Yu-gi-oh. And 70- card deck affraid
    I bet you had Kuriboh in the deck?

I think it was around there. Basically, I first put in the cards I liked (including any cards with a turtle, or anything resembling a turtle) and then I added in as many cards as possible with 1700-2000 Attack that had no sacrifices so that I had a chance of winning, and then lots of power-up cards that were mainly reserved for my Gora Turtle, because it was my favorite.

I'm not sure I owned a Kuriboh, actually.

Yeah, I don't play Battle Spirits like that, fortunately.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:55 pm