Battle Spirits Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle Spirits Forum

3 posters

Battle Spirits

Dark-Shadow-X
    Dark-Shadow-X
    Admin

Battle Spirits  Empty Battle Spirits

Post  Dark-Shadow-X Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:05 am

Got this from Faris Kalin (Bandai Moderator)
    As for why Battle Spirits got discontinued, it simply didn't have enough players. I seem to recall (and I may have some of the numbers a bit wrong) that there was a tournament at Gencon where the prize was either a trip to Japan or maybe a $1,000. I can't remember which. I think that tournament had 7 players. When you are giving away $1,000 and you can't get more than 7 players, then your game isn't doing well.

Personally, I also hated 90% of the artwork in Battle Spirits. That probably didn't help matters a lot either. The card quotes were really entertaining, though.

Would it have done better if the anime had gotten aired here in the U.S.? Maybe. I don't know why the anime never was aired. I hear that it wasn't amazing, but it would have been fine to air simply as a marketing tool. Perhaps it was the poor card game sales that made the anime less attractive.

I personally think that Bandai America didn't manage Battle Spirits properly. Battle Spirits should have the anime as a marketing tool for more profit. The anime itself would have been a tool for bringing more players to the game. I have to say that Bandai America didn't research the game properly. The 1k events weren't even advertised properly, I mean tell someone that and they'd probably take a look into the game.
    Currently Bandai are in control of the Naruto CCG, Resident Evil Deck Building game and Star Trek Deck building game. The Naruto CCG I think is doing good and the other two deck building games are having more casual players into the game. I don't think Naruto is even that popular, look at YGO and MTG's source in other countries. That's why I reasoned with him that if Battle Spirits was there is would surely bring a younger- fan base into the game.
    It's like how Yu-gi-oh even developed more with it's anime.

The link is here: http://www.bandaicg.com/naruto/showthread.php?t=93743
    You might want to register and give your views about the game.

Battle Spirits  Empty Re: Battle Spirits

Post  soaker Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:40 am

Battle Spirits failed because Bandai didn't advertise it. I remember visiting a few card/hobby shops while the game was still in production, and no one carried it, much less heard of it. If Bandai tried at all, it would have had a chance.

Plus, they didn't bring out the anime, as you said. Even though they apparently couldn't get a tv deal, seeing how they never bothered to advertise the game much, I doubt they advertised the show to tv networks a lot.

And I personally didn't go to their event in Gencon (which I did know about) because umm... it's in Indiana. I live nowhere near Indiana. If they had it in New York or New Jersey, I may have gone.
    Dark-Shadow-X
    Dark-Shadow-X
    Admin

Post  Dark-Shadow-X Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:50 am

That then comes to my next point, there's nothing we can do to push Bandai into selling the game again? Or is there anything we can do to help this game push?
    soaker
    soaker

Post  soaker Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:55 am

Dark-Shadow-X wrote:That then comes to my next point, there's nothing we can do to push Bandai into selling the game again? Or is there anything we can do to help this game push?

I doubt it. They really didn't seem to care the first time around. It really showed on the now-dead forum that used to be on the official site, which had close to no mod-activity and was devoured by spam bots. No one else could even pick up the license, because Bandai owns the rights to basically all things Battle Spirits in Japan, and I don't expect that they'd want to give it up in other markets.

Unless there was some massive demand for it by some fluke, I think there's no hope.
    Slifer
    Slifer

Post  Slifer Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:18 am

Dark-Shadow-X wrote:That then comes to my next point, there's nothing we can do to push Bandai into selling the game again? Or is there anything we can do to help this game push?

No, there is nothing unfortunately......
    and I agree with what has been posted that Bandai did not advertise the game properly.....I only found out the game through the anime and by then it was already too late.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:18 am